Monday, July 28, 2008

John


Quran: Mary

' O Zachariah, We give thee
good tidings of a boy, whose name
is John.

No namesake have We given him
aforetime.'

He said, ' O my Lord, how
shall I have a son , seeing
my wife is barren, and I
have attained to the delining
of old age?'

Said He, ' So it shall be; thy
Lord says, " Easy is that for
Me, seeing that I created
thee aforetime , when thou wast
nothing."

He said, ' Lord, appoint to me
some sign.' Said He, 'Thy sign
is that thou shalt not speak to
men, though being without fault,
three nights.'

so he came forth unto his
people from the Sanctuary,
then he made signal to them,
'Give you glory at dawn and
evening.'

'O John, take the Book forcefully';
and We gave him judgment,yet a
little child,
and a tenderness from Us,
and purity; and he was
godfearing, and cherishing
his parents, not arrogant, rebellious.
'Peace be upon him . the day
he was born, and the day he
dies, and the day he is araised
up alive! '

No comments: